Friday, January 30, 2009

Untitled.

I'm sure by now you've all learned the outcome of the Penny Boudreau case. Earlier today, she pleaded guilty to murdering her 12-year-old daughter. She claims that she did it because her boyfriend gave her an ultimatum of choosing between either him or her daughter in order to save the relationship; Ms. Boudreau opted for the guy. As a mother, actually, as a normal human being, I cannot imagine murdering your own child. As a child, your  parents, especially your mother, is the one person you can always count on, the one you trust implicitly, the one who will always be there for you. I simply cannot imagine what her daughter, Karissa, was thinking in her final moments of life as her mother had her pinned to the ground and was strangling her to death with twine. I don't think that the Court should have accepted Penny Boudreau's guilty plea. I believe that the case should have gone to trial, because she absolutely would have been found guilty of murder in the first degree. She is a poor excuse for a human being, and a woman who should never have had the privilege of motherhood. I feel an immense amount of hatred toward Penny Boudreau, both from the standpoint of a mother myself, and as a daughter. I can't imagine the amount of pain Karissa must have felt at home. I know first-hand what it feels like to be a young girl living in a home where a step-parent has made it blatantly obvious that you're not wanted. She must have felt that every day. For the boyfriend to even present the "me or your daughter" choice, is ridiculous. What's perhaps even more ridiculous is that the mother didn't kick his ass out. 
I know that everyone's situation is different, but I've said many times to B-D, that if things were ever to end between us, I would, without a doubt, fly solo until all the children were grown and out of the house. Like I said, everyone has a different experience, but for those of us who have had traumatic step-parent involvement, it's tough to imagine putting our own children in those same situations where the potential for a repeating pattern is even remotely possible. Going to bed in a home where you're not 100% accepted is absolutely heartbreaking. Hopefully for Karissa, she had that acceptance elsewhere, like with other family members or close friends and their families. Ultimately, it's there and through those support networks that you can rise above your "step"-raising.

Unfortunately, for poor Karissa, she'll never have the opportunity to overcome, to grow, to move on, to create her own life. For that, I hope Penny Boudreau lives hell on Earth for the rest of her life.


No comments: