Friday, September 5, 2008

How I spent my summer vacation (2008).





I'm home! I've just returned from a quick trip to Denver, CO. My Baby-Daddy (B-D from here on in) had to go on business, and I have family there - so we tagged along. What a great trip. I've been so lucky this summer with people coming to visit me, or having the opportunity to go and visit others.  Here are some highlights:

June: My best friend, Amanda, and her husband, Joe, came to visit for the last week in June. It was amazing. Neither of them had been to N.S., and neither had met BB1. We had a blast touring around Hali, and just hanging out.

July: I had a cavity replaced (thank you, Dr. MacKenzie!), my friend Lynn had her bachelorette party, and I got to go to Ottawa for two weeks. The trip was really special to me for a bunch of reasons. I had a chance to introduce BB1 to my grandfather, which was v. important, and emotional for me. I also got to go out for my best friend's birthday (WICKED fun time!). I had a chance to spend lots of time with my brother, which was pretty cool. He's 11 years my junior, and we've never been at the same points in our lives...ever. We did have a chance to hang out and grab some beers, though. He's a great guy.



August: August was my down-time. I was home pretty much all month, enjoying our home, our doggy, and of course time with BB1 and B-D. I managed to nail down daycare for BB1, and also confirmed my RTW date once MAT leave is done. (October 6) Oh! I also raised $1,000+ for my Support for Breast Cancer Research Run (to happen October 5, 2008). so thank you to all my sponsors (and there's still time to donate)! My Dad and Jan came out for a visit, too.

September: The whole family (sans chien) travelled to Denver from August 30 - September 4. What an amazing time! My cousin and her husband had box-seat tickets for the Rocky Mountain Showdown football game between CSU and CU (It's great, to be, a CSU Ram!!). We got to eat out at some great places, went to the Denver Zoo, REI, Red Rocks, Mount Evans, Buffalo Bill's grave, Boulder...super-fun trip. We spent the first few days with my cuz' and her husband (thanks Carissa & Zach for the hospitality!), and the last half with my Aunt and Uncle. What a spectacular city. 

Here's hoping that all your summers were sunny inside and out!



No comments: