Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lest We Forget...




We bid farewell to family and friends,
In hope that someday we'll live as brothers.
I pray for the day all wars will end,
and my fate shall be spared to others.
It was the war to end all wars,
That is what they said.
After all these years,
Canada still counts her dead.
I was a true Canadian, 
I wish you could see,
All I ask  is,
Remember Me.
In war I fought and died,
I thought it did cease.
Now under the Blue Beret,
I die for World Peace.
Like Michael Ralph, John Ternapolski,
Plus the thousands of soldiers before.
On November 11th Remember
I died for Peace not War.
I was a true Canadian,
I wish you could see.
All I ask is,
Remember Me.

In memory of  MCpl John William Ternapolski
from www.geocities.com/Pentagon/9556/Mil.Poems.html

Thank you to all soldiers for protecting my freedom.


No comments: